|HEY JUST FYI SOME OF THE INFORMATION THAT COULD BE ON THIS PAGE ISN'T YET SO KEEP YOUR SALT GRAINS HANDY THANKS|
Improbable Island is a text-adventure browser game. It's very cool.
Home: Newhome (K5)
Basic bitches. The game is pretty much balanced around these folks.
- Free shit from Newhome each newday
- Since most players are human, Newhome is a reasonably well-populated RP hub
- None of the other races' cons
- None of the other races' pros
Home: Kittania (T13)
Kittyyyyyyyyy!!!! The triangle ears and the meow meow!!!!
- fuckign adorable :3 :3 :3 🐱🐱🐱
- High attack
- Efficient at cleaning corpses and cooking (uses less stamina)
- Fighting without armor debuffs the enemy's attack and defense
- Cool Springs Cafe has some of the better food
- Kittymorphs are very popular, making Kittania a decently-populated RP hub
- Low defense, especially since you're encouraged to fight without armor
- Inefficient at hunting and fighting
Home: Pleasantville (N24)
How many heads?
- High attack and defense
- EXP penalty
- The lore doesn't treat you very nice :c
Home: New Pittsburgh (D15)
- Can eat corpses directly, skipping all this "cooking" nonsense
- Corpse-eating means you get more Crap Meat (ew) and can't benefit from herbs. Of course you could just not use that feature, if you prefer...
Home: Squat Hole (J17)
they're narsty little fucks, innit?
- Good at hunting, fighting, carcass cleaning, coarse insults, and "scavenging" (what is this one, Req?)
- Bad at travel, metalwork and soldering (??), programming (????), cooking, and classy and confusing insults
- Kebabs 'n' Shite has some of the worst food
- They're still your classic Depraved Dwarf stereotype, even after being renamed from "Midgets", which you might not be super cool with.
Home: Cyber City 404 (V38)
Beep boop bitches.
- Can overclock their attack, defense, and regeneration, to ridiculous levels if you like.
- Overclocking generates heat, and too much heat deals damage. No way to get rid of it but spending stamina venting between rounds.
- Can't use the hospital tent. Only way to heal is spending stamina healing between rounds. (The cost is weirdly unbalanced; spending like 1% stamina on healing will clear like 5% worth of heat. Or something. We'll re-check this when we play a robot again.)
Home: AceHigh (J30)
Roll the dice, babey.
- Card-based buffs are cool.
- Randomized stat modifiers each day can massively buff you.
- Every regular grenade you own will turn into Improbability bombs each newday (this is a pro because improbability bombs are typically more expensive than regular grenades)
- Card-based buffs are completely random and you have zero control over them.
- Randomized stat modifiers can also massively nerf you. Also completely random, zero control, etc.
- If you're not paying attention, you'll usually start the newday with a massively overweight bandolier because improbability bombs are also heavier than regular grenades. (Solution: pay attention!)
Locations of Interest
Improbable Central (M11)
The only outpost that's not home to any race. Here you can get furniture, construction gear, and... quests. Aka beg the RNG for mercy.
Tempests' Cat Cafe (P17)
Our cozy little kitty zone. The cats are all reskinned double beds, though if you're logging off for the night there are usually more convenient places than the lake.
Easy beds from each outpost
- Newhome: Casa de n00bz, the front room has a double bed and a load of singles
- Improbable Central:
- Kittania: Carter's Cottage (directions TBA, but poke around, you can find double beds reskinned as all sorts of things in there)
- Pleasantville: A shelter from the outdoors, the Couples' Area is naturally filled with double beds
- New Pittsburgh: Muddy Trenches (same as Swampy Trenches iirc but confirmation TBA)
- Squat Hole: Swampy Trenches ("Seek a resting place!" then "Duck under the curtain." for double beds)
- Cyber City 404: Stony Trenches (same as Swampy Trenches iirc but confirmation TBA)
- Use a bed "instantly" by not actually getting into it until the newday has arrived. This will keep slots open for other players, if the place is short on decorations. If you've got an active Hawton meter, it'll also let you wait for a low-amH day. (You can also technically do that by just taking the newday, of course, but if you've got rabbits to deal with it might be easier not to.)