Cat house:Recipes/Lentil Soup
From Sylvi's wiki of miscellaneous nonsenseJump to navigationJump to search
It's tastey and a good way to use produce.
- Lentils (2-3c)
- Carrots (2-ish)
- Celery (2-ish)
Onions (1/2 large)I don't like onions lmao
- Other produce if you feel like it
- Garlic, bay leaf, oregano, basil, vinegar, salt, pepper
- Crushed tomatoes (1 can/15 oz)
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil (1/4c) over medium heat.
- Add carrots and celery (2 ish each); cook and stir for a bit. (And the onions here if you like onions.)
- Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in lentils (3c), and add water (8c) and tomatoes (1 can crushed).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for the amount of time on your lentil package.
- When ready to serve stir in spinach (1/2c, optional because leafs are a pain to keep), and cook until it wilts.
- Stir in vinegar (2 tbsp), and season to taste with salt and pepper, and more vinegar if desired.