Cat house:Recipes/Lentil Shepherd's Pie
From Sylvi's wiki of miscellaneous nonsenseJump to navigationJump to search
Rainbow Plant Life, your recipes make good food, but holy crap this is disorganized.
- Olive oil (1 tbsp+)
- Garlic (yes)
- Thyme (1 tbsp+)
- Tomato paste (3 tbsp)
- Red or white wine
- Lentils (2-3 c)
- Vegetable broth (1 box/2 cans)
- Paprika (1.5 tsp)
- Tahini (1/4 c)
- Tamari or soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Balsamic vinegar (1 tbsp)
- Potatoes and/or cauliflower (~36oz total)
- Butter (4 tbsp)
- Milk (1/2 c)
Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a wide pan, heat olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Cook garlic, thyme, and rosemary for 2 minutes.
- Cook tomato paste until darkened (2-3 minutes)
- Deglaze with wine. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth, lentils, bay leaf (optional), paprika. Simmer ~30 minutes.
- Boil potatoes and cauliflower (separately if you're using both) for ~15 minutes, until fork tender
- If you're using cauliflower, squeeze the hell out of it because it's got a lot of water and you do not want that
- Add butter, milk, salt, pepper to potatoes/cauliflower and mash.
Putting it together
- Add tahini, vinegar, tamari/soy sauce, Worcentershire sauce, and salt and pepper to lentil filling.
- Smoosh potatoes on top of lentils. Drizzle this with more olive oil, more thyme, and freshly ground pepper pepper pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then brown under the broiler for a few minutes.
- (optional) Let it rest 20 minutes in the pan to solidify more.